Monday, October 11, 2010

Sticky Keyboard=Short Email

First a note from Ellen's mom-if you happen to write to Ellen please beg her to send more pictures. I'm not having any luck getting any out of her. She keeps promising... I know her purpose in Ecuador isn't to entertain me (though she does a great job of it through her emails), but I'm hoping she'll throw me a crumb, so to speak, every now and then. Thanks!


Hoooola . . . . .

Okay sorry everyone but this email is probably going to be really short. Why?? Because this keyboard sticks and is driving me absolutely up the wall. Next week I am so not sitting here, therefore the email will be much longer!!!

This week was awesome because we found a really amazing family, the Flia Chuchuca (isn´t that the coolest name ever?? Just say it-Chuchuca. Awesome.) The only problem is that they live like an hour up the mountain, so we can´t go visit them unless someone takes us. Fortunately our ward is incredible and there are many people who are willing to take us. This family came to church with another member for conference, loved it and wanted to hear more. We went up to teach them that week and invited them to church, which they said they were coming. When Sunday rolled around we saw their member friend walk in without them and were hugely bummed out-for about 10 minutes, whic is when we saw the HNO and his son walk in by themselves. The HNA was sick and couldn´t make it, but her husband said that next week without fail she'd be there. They stayed all three hours and loved it, and we´re positive that they´ll all be baptized. We´re really excited!!!!

The day before this was really hilarious-we walked literally all day and NO ONE let us in. By the end of the day we were absolutely exhausted and a little bit discouraged-I don´t usually let stuff like this get to me but at the same time, I don´t usually have days like this and furthermore, we found out about some tough stuff that´s happening with some of the converts and investigators, so it was a little difficult. At around 5 we were absolutely dead on our feet. We got on the bus to go to our next appointment and fell into the seats. As we neared the stop, HNA Castillo said, I don´t want to get off, I´m so tired I can´t even get up!!! I just want to let the bus come back around and then we´ll get off...........we looked at each other and said, let´s do it!!! I know that it was a shocking display of indiligence, but we really were extremely tired. The bus went all the way up to BaƱos and back but we got to rest a little while. But afterwards we felt kind of bad, so we probably won´t do it again. And our appointment wasn´t home, probably a punishment for our laziness. But it was funny. And the next day was much better.

I´ve been read the Alma 30s chapters lately and they´re awesome. I´m learning a lot that I hadn´t thought about before. I´m learning how incredible the Book of Mormon really is-how it can answer any question and help any person with any problem. Pretty awesome. Alma is one of my favorite prophets in the Book of Mormon I think. I love how he can go from "hey good job for being righteous Helaman and Shiblon, here´s some guidance for the rest of your life" to BOOM "Hey you need to repent Corianton, you messed up big time!!!!" Awesome-I hope I can be like that with my kids someday-or at least that I marry someone who will be like that with our kids!!!

Hmmmm, sorry this email is kind of lame. I can´t really think of anything else to say and I´m about ready to throw this keyboard across the room. Les amo muchisimo, sigan adelante siempre, nunca dejen de ser obedientes!!! Es la clave a la felicidad!!!!

HAZ LO JUSTO

Hermana Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment