Monday, January 24, 2011

Waiting for Changes

Hoooooola!!!!!

Well, HNA Bravo went back to Guayaquil on her way home yesterday and I don't know what's gonna happen to me this change because we're finding out about them tonight instead of last night.  Elder Carrillo played a hilarious joke on me when he called this morning to let me know, saying, oh hi Sister Chamberlain.  We just found out that you're leaving Loja......just kidding!!!!  Hahaha.  Anyway, since my companion left I've been hanging out with the excellent HNA Salmon (yes, like the fish) because her companion went home too.  She's got one change here in Ecuador and we are just having a blast together.  Yesterday we brought four people to church and afterwards taught lessons until we had to go home, it was fabulous.  We kind of wish we could be companions for the rest of the change........so President, if you're reading this, HNA Salmon and I want to be compas!!!! 

Anyway, it was HNA Bravo's last week so we worked ridiculously hard and saw some amazing results.  Hopefully I can keep working hard with my new companion when she gets here.  I know that the Lord will bless us with a lot of success if we are diligent and obedient and have faith.  Those are like the 3 key things to having success as a missionary.

We found out something amazing this week-remember Monica, the lady that needs to get divorced so that she can get married and baptized??  Remember how we fasted with her??  She told us this week that her lawyer called her and her divorce will be final on February 13, in other words, two weeks.  You have NO IDEA how excited we were about this!!!  When divorce papers come through it's like Christmas and birthdays all rolled into one.  Fasting works.  Do it often and do it with faith!!!

We have a lot of people that we're working with that come to church, read the Book of Mormon, pray and know that the gospel is true-but won't get baptized, for one reason or another.  What do we do??  Suggestions, counsels and words of advice would be appreciated.  Seriously, there are like 4 people in our program that could totally get baptized tomorrow-they just need to make the decision.  HELP!!

Well this email is relatively short but last week's was really long so I don't feel too bad.  I don't really know what else to say, but I'm also really tired and can't really remember a whole lot of what happened this past week.  I love you all and I love the work and please pray for our investigators so that they can be baptized and receive all the blessings that Heavenly Father has prepared for them!!!

MUCHO AMOR

Hermana Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment