Monday, August 9, 2010

The Joke's On Me. I'm in Cuenca!

SOPRESA!!!!!

Soooooo . . . . . you´re all not gonna believe what happened this change. I´ll tell you right now. I´m not in barrio Bolivar anymore. In fact . . . . . I´m not even in Guayaquil. I´m in . . . . . CUENCA.

President wanted to have a nurse outside of Guayaquil to take all the calls from Cuenca and Loja, and then the office nurse would take care of everyone in Guayaquil, Milagro and Machala. So last night we were sitting around waiting for cambios and they never came, so we went to bed. Then we got a call this morning saying that Hermana Castillo and I BOTH had cambios. I was thinking that they were going to make me come just to tell me that I´m moving to the other half of the ward and I was getting really ticked off, so Hermana Foster called the assistants to ask them if it was really necessary that I pack all my stuff. When she hung up the phone she looked completely shocked and said, you´re leaving Guayaquil. Uhhh . . . . . WHAT??? So we figured we´d be in Milagro bc it´s pretty close and it´s safe, but then as we were in the taxi driving to the terminal, Hermana Wise called. She said, uhhhh do you know whats going on??? Umm no, no we don´t!!! Then she said you and Hermana Castillo are coming to Cuenca to be in a trio with me!!!! We got to the terminal and it was true. Elder Garcia told me that I would keep being the nurse but only for the people in Cuenca and Loja and that Hermana Barker would go to the office to do all that. She´s going to be in Bolivar with Hermana Montenegro.

We really have no idea what´s going on and I have no idea why I´m here because almost NO ONE in Cuenca and Loja get sick. Don´t get me wrong, I¨m thrilled about being here because Cuenca is awesome, but very confused. The only thing I can think of is that the Lord wants me here for some specific purpose. Pray for me and for Hermana Barker also because she doesn´t know anything. P day is on monday now for me and I´m pretty much a normal missionary now. Love you all!

Hermana Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment