Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm in the Office Now

Hola familia, muy buenas!!

Well, this will probably be pretty short, but I have the opportunity to write you all today so I'm going to do so. I have been transferred to the office, and am officially one of the mission nurses now. My companion is Hermana Foster, from Tenessee, the second oldest of 8. She is muy muy buena and is helping me out a lot. I kind of feel like I just got to Ecuador again because there's lots of new things to learn and be introduced to, but at least I can more or less speak and understand Spanish!! As of right now, I don't really know all of the things that I am doing as the nurse but at the end of this week when I write again I will let you know because I know you are just dying to find out!! The last week in Huancavilca was pretty much the same as the week before it, but for the most part it wasn't as discouraging as the other week. Hermana Foster was actually in Huancavilca before I came and she said that it's a pretty difficult sector, so I felt a little better after knowing that. I am overwhelmed but happy to be here in the office, and really excited to get to know my new area. Hermana Foster told me that we have a family that already has been to church twice, and we're going to put a baptismal date tonight. I'm so excited!! Also, Hermana Montenegro and Hermana Castillo still live in my house, and Hermana Glanzer is coming back to Garcia Moreno, my zone!! She won't be living in my house or be in my district but I'm still really excited that she'll be here. I was sad to leave my companions but I know that this is going to be a really exciting change for me. More later. MUCHO AMOR!!

Hermana Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment